STAFF PROFILE: Chloe Wright
After a previous stint in recruitment with another agency in London, Chloe joined Oyster in August 2017 as a Recruitment Consultant in Office Support and has well and truly hit the ground running. To celebrate her announcement as Employee of the Month, we ask about her experience so far at Oyster and the industry as a whole.
- If you had to describe working at Oyster in five words what would they be?
- How long have you been with Oyster?
Only just over five months but I already feel like a valued part of the team!
- How does Oyster differentiate from other recruitment agencies?
Oyster is smaller than conglomerate recruitment companies and keeps it’s boutique, niche, family feel which is reflected to our clients and candidates; it is clear we genuinely do care and have a passion for what we do here.
- What do you think has been attributed to your success in recruitment?
Lots of support (especially from my manager Jas) and autonomy as well as a recognised name in the property sector with clients and candidates who come back to us time and time again.
- What do you like about Oyster?
This sounds so ‘cringe’ but there is nothing that I dislike.. so if I had to list my favourite thing it’s probably the environment most of all!
- What type of person do you think suits Oyster?
A hard and dedicated worker with a good sense of humour.
- Professionally, where would you like to see yourself in five years?
With a thriving desk and supporting team of other Office Support recruiters.
- How did you first hear about Oyster and why did you choose them?
Our fantastic Talent Manager, Hannah Clarke, called me and immediately her passion and genuine enthusiasm for the business drew me in.
- Why recruitment?
I literally fell into it after uni. I like dealing with people and overcoming challenges and this role has certainly given me a lot of both.
- What are the biggest challenges of your day?
Having to deal with difficult situations and not knowing what is around the corner.
- What are the most enjoyable parts of your day?
Kind of goes against my biggest challenge but I love the unpredictability and having to think on my feet and problem solve. Every day is a challenge and when you solve the issue you will reap the rewards.
- Any advice for people joining Oyster?
You need to be dedicated and put the hours in. You literally will only get out what you put in.
Follow Chloe’s journey on LinkedIn.