The job of a Planning Policy professional
Policy professionals handle the more strategic points of the Town Planning industry.
Every Local Authority will produce a Local Plan for their area, detailing housing, commercial, public and private development, including transport infrastructure, along with protection for the local environment.
The role of a Planning Policy professional involves:
- Producing local plans
- Allocating land for new homes
- Developing transport infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with development laws
- Leading consultation and engagement exercises
- Implementing & delivering policies & guidance in practice
Qualifications & Experience
As a planning policy professional, you will be required to have a relevant degree, work experience, and any beneficial certifications.
- A degree related to planning similarly, such as Transportation or Urban Studies
- Industry experience by way of work experience or a university placement.
- MRTPI Chartership
Salary & Benefits
Permanent contract: £18k – 63k
Contractors: £20 – £55 per hour
Our Planning Policy jobs
We work with various Public Sector organisations across the UK providing the Housing Sector with Planning Policy professionals and other industry professionals.