The role of a Licensing Officer
Licensing Officers deal with the licensing applications of events, premises, and people in different areas.
There are two main different areas Taxi and Private Hire Licensing, and Alcohol and Gambling Licensing.
The role of a Licensing Officer includes:
- Processing and validating applications
- Assessing applications and approving or declining them
- Inspecting licenses and ensuring they are valid and up to date
- Identifying and carrying out of investigations
- Preparing reports and statements for legal proceedings
- Providing professional, expert and up to date legislative and technical advice
- Issuing letters, notices, legal documents, formal cautions etc
Qualifications & Experience
Licensing Officers will be required to hold a recognised formal licensing qualification in Licensing or relevant related subject such as an Environmental Health qualification.
Understanding of relevant laws and industry is also essential.
Contractors: £20 – £3 per hour
Always had good results with Oyster and they seem to care about the candidate more than others. Worked for them for 18 months, now back with them again.
Our Licensing Officer jobs
We work with various Public Sector organisations across the UK providing them with Licensing Officers and other industry professionals.