We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join a council based in Central England to cover maternity cover. The candidate will be responsible for leading the production of the authority’s Statutory Returns and administer management of the Council’s Treasury.
The council are looking for an interim to join them as soon as possible, the authority is in good financial shape in comparison with the rest of the country as they have 2021/2022 audit and 2022/2023 published. The incoming candidate would be responsible for leading the production of the 2023/2024 statements.
Main Responsibilities Include…
- Leading in the production of the Statement of Accounts for the financial year 2023/ 2024 including all associated notes.
- Administering Treasury Management at the Authority including Cash Flow Forecasts and Risk Appraisals.
- Liaising with external auditors on the 22/23 and 23/24’s Statement Notes.
- Preparation of returns such as RO and WGA.
- Updating Council Tax and NNDR templates and reconciling the Collection Fund year end account.
If this appeals, please do drop me a call on 07478 717 554 or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be more than happy to have a chat.
Find the job you’re looking for in Corporate Services. Or call us for the latest opportunities.
Senior Accountant for SOA within the Collections Fund
East Midlands | Contract
£400 - £500
Disrepair Case Officer
London | Contract
Interim Pension Investment and Governance Manager
West Midlands | Contract
Chief Commercial Officer
Remote | Permanent
£200,000 - £300,000
East of England | Permanent
£57,989 - £65,000
Operations Finance Manager
London | Permanent
Up to £60,000
Corporate Finance Manager
East of England | Contract
Request a call back
Speaking with one of our skilled recruitment practitioners is always a great first step. You can request a call back at a time convenient to you.