I am currently working with a local authority in the West London area looking for an experienced “Disrepair Case Officer” for an initial period of 6 months. (Housing disrepair experience desirable)
-to minimise the risk of disrepair;
-seek to ensure any complaints, or threats of litigation for disrepair are resolved without legal action being undertaken against the Council;
-administer the disrepair litigation case on behalf of the Council
- Minimise the risk, incidence and cost of Disrepair to the Council by ensuring all threats are resolved without litigation, and any cases received are dealt with speedily and effectively.
- Monitor progress on cases, both time and costs to ensure that the budget holder has accurate and up to date information on the potential liabilities for that area; to make recommendations to the budget holder regarding settlement of cases based on that information.
- To represent the Council, as required, in court proceedings.
- To ensure that any cases that can be settled speedily are and that any cases that go to court are with the express agreement of legal services
- To work with the surveyors (both internal and external) to ensure all appropriate works are ordered promptly in line with the Council’s procurement policy (including the use of a waiver report as appropriate) and to ensure works are carried out as specified to the appropriate timescale to the required standard.
- 6 months (potentially longer)
- Hybrid –2 days a week in the office (Tuesday and Wednesday) could potentially be negotiated depending on experience
- Interviews commencing next week.
Find the job you’re looking for in Corporate Services. Or call us for the latest opportunities.
Senior Accountant for SOA within the Collections Fund
East Midlands | Contract
£400 - £500
Interim Pension Investment and Governance Manager
West Midlands | Contract
Senior Technical Accountant
Central England | Contract
Chief Commercial Officer
Remote | Permanent
£200,000 - £300,000
East of England | Permanent
£57,989 - £65,000
Operations Finance Manager
London | Permanent
Up to £60,000
Corporate Finance Manager
East of England | Contract
Request a call back
Speaking with one of our skilled recruitment practitioners is always a great first step. You can request a call back at a time convenient to you.