A well known Housing Association has an exciting opportunity for a proven Development Manager to work on delivering first rate affordable housing schemes. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in the affordable housing, building construction or private development sectors.
The role involves working with partners and developers to negotiate, review and project manage the delivery of a range of development projects. Therefore, strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills along with an understanding and knowledge of new build construction project delivery and costs are essential.
Do you have?
- The ability to lead an external Project Team and fully brief solicitors, consultants and architects and undertake consultation with colleagues and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- The skills to negotiate with Vendors/Developers/Agents to secure new business opportunities.
- The drive to be directly responsible for project managing schemes assigned to you from the point of inception through to completion.
- Appraise new business opportunities, in accordance with agreed tests & assumptions to secure approval to proceed into contract.
- Project manage the delivery of schemes on site; handover to housing management; liaison with Sales; scheme finance cash flow monitoring and submission of claims for grant subsidies.
- To ensure that key audit and scheme file information is documented and maintained as appropriate.
- To help deliver the development programme in line with agreed policies and procedures.
If the above position is of interest, or if you would like to discuss other opportunities feel free to give me a call on 02077669000.