A reputable Local Authority is in search of a Benefits Officer. This will start off as a 3 month contract where you will be expected to provide a comprehensive liaison, advice and support service on a full range of welfare benefit matters to all residents
* Manage and maintain a housing benefit and council tax reduction benefit caseload for residents
* To provide face to face, telephone and written advice to council residents
* Develop and maintain working relationships with the Housing Benefit Team and The Department of Work and Pension.
* Keep up to date with relevant welfare rights legislation relating to housing benefits and council tax reduction, case law, policy or practice developments.
* Assist in supporting new tenants to sustain and maintain their tenancies by ensuring they receive their housing benefit
* Ensure applications for benefits are processed and paid promptly in accordance to legalisation and procedures
* Maintain excellent customer service in all areas of work
* Strong team working ethic
* Can do attitude
* Able to communicate effectively on both verbally and written to members of staffs on levels
* Able to use your own initiative in what could be a challenging situation
* Good IT skills (Microsoft Officer Package, Academy, IDF, Anite )
* Highly motivated
* Good Interpersonal skills, when influencing and negotiating
If this role is of Interest to you. Please do email over your up to date CV to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org