I am working with an authority in Hampshire who are looking for a Tree Officer, they can offer predominantly remote working. They would be looking for the candidate to start at the start of December. The role would be for an a three month rolling contract and would exclude the period of 24th of December to the 3rd of January.
Duties will include:
- Fulfil the council’s statutory requirements and policies on tree preservation, tree safety, woodland and hedgerows.
- Provide a high standard of arboricultural service to the Authority.
- Make, administer, implement and enforce Tree Preservation Orders and Conservation Area Regulations; seeking the retention of trees of significant amenity value.
- Assess and determine tree work applications received by the Authority within set timescales
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- Membership of relevant body e.g. Arboricultural Association, QTRA
would be beneficial.
Experience of dealing sensitively with local communities and land owners. The post holder is required to handle emotionally charged meetings on occasion
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate would be around £35 per hour.
- Role to more than likely be inside IR35.
- December start
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9000 and ask for Alex.