Are you looking for a long-term contract?
Experienced in traffic design?
Comfortable working in a council environment?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
A council in Central England is looking for a Traffic Engineer to join the Engineering Team and the responsibilities are as followed:
1. Investigate complaints and enquires relating to all aspects of highways and traffic management.
2. Liaison with all levels of the political structure, from County Councillors to Parish Councils where you will need to be diplomatic and politically aware, and be sympathetic to their requests, particularly if your response is negative.
3. Review and design solutions to local traffic problems, including parking and speed limit issues. Undertake informal consultations, attend site meetings with stakeholders, and prepare and present reports to committees.
4. Deliver minor traffic schemes (up to £0.5m in value). Responsibility for all stages of the process from initial survey and design / ‘walk & talk’ through to ‘client’ site supervision and processing of final accounts.
5. Traffic sign design for County schemes and third parties.
6. Undertake Road Safety Audits across the Service as part of an audit team.
Contract length – 12 months.
If this role would be of interest to you, or alternatively you know someone that will be interested then please reach me on: