Many Local Authorities across the county are always looking for Policy Planners to join their Town Planning teams for long-term contract roles, to help shape the towns and cities we all live in. The decisions that are made now within Planning Policy will impact Planning decisions and the communities around the UK for years to come.
As a Policy Planner, you will be responsible for…
- Leading on researching evidence and data analysis.
- Drafting policy documents.
- Working on the Pre-Submission Publication plan.
- Carrying out and analysing the results of public consultation.
- Carrying out sustainability appraisal work.
- Drafting proposals to release land from the greenbelt.
- Leading on community and stakeholder consultation at certain stages of the strategic planning process, including processing and assessing consultation responses.
- Providing advice to Development Management officers, other Council services, elected Members, stakeholders and residents on a range of planning policy matters and technical areas.
Our clients would prefer for the Planning Policy candidates to have experience working on all stages of a Local Plan, including Consultation, Submission, and Examination.
The local authorities we work with can be flexible in terms of working arrangements and home working. Most organisations we work with can offer you a compressed week or several days a week working from home.
IR35 status of the jobs we offer will be determined by the authorities on a case by case basis. The pay rates will be dependent upon your experience and discussed after the completion of your interview.
Get in touch with us…
If you are interested in Policy Planning jobs with local authorities or in other opportunities within Town Planning, please call 02077669075 and ask for the Town Planning team. Whether you are actively looking for a new role, would like to hear about the market, or have any contracting queries, please do get in touch!