We work with numerous Local Authorities across the country who are looking for Planning Officers at various levels to join their busy Town Planning teams.
As is the case with the ‘new normal’, all the work can be done from home, apart from any site visits, which will need to be done in person.
Our clients need help with a range of applications, from householders and advertisements to Urban Extensions and New Towns.
As a Town Planning Officer, you will be…
- Overseeing a caseload of applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Our local authority clients are keen on town planning candidates who have experience dealing with both Urban and Rural applications and can hit the ground running from the start.
The authorities we work with can be flexible in terms of working arrangements and home working if needed. They can offer you a compressed week or several days a week working from home.
IR35 status of the jobs offered will be determined on a case by case basis. This will be decided by the individual local authorities.
All pay rates are dependent upon experience and will be discussed with you after the completion of an interview.
Contact us for available Planning Officer opportunities…
If you are interested in a job as a Planning Officer working with one of our local authorities or you would like to discuss other opportunities within Planning, please call 02077669075 and ask for our Town Planning team. Whether you are actively looking for a new job, or just want to see what else is out there, we want to hear from you.