I’m currently in search of a highly experiencing Support Worker to cover a 3-6 month contract.
This role is based in North London and will require you to work from home also.
Develop high quality, relevant person-centred support plans and risk assessments with high levels of input and ownership from residents where possible.
- Maintain up to date information on local neighbourhood resources available to residents.
- Support residents to maintain their personal health and hygiene including the eating of a healthy diet, shopping and cooking.
- Accompany residents to appointments and/or arrange transport to appointments connected with their health and welfare.
- Where required, offer advice and assistance to residents whose immigration status has not yet been established.
- Where required, offer advice and assistance in order to reduce the support needs common to asylum seekers e.g. mental health, self-harm, poor literacy, family breakdown, history of institutions etc.
- Address issues relating to lifestyle modification encouraging residents to access life skill training and other educational and employment schemes where appropriate.
Please feel free to email your CV if Interested