I am currently assisting a valued client to bring in a Street Lighting engineer on an initial 6 month contract.
What you will be doing:
- Day to day asset management (ie. Telensa/Insight updates)
- Response to faults/input into Cllr inquiries
- Placing/managing UKPN connection orders
- Management of electrical testing package
- Scheme pack checks, including the ability to check lighting levels/general scheme constraints. Current typical packs include items such as column installation/replacement, lantern replacement, zebra crossing electrical design, speed/school parking cameras input.
- New light request prioritisations (following a simple spreadsheet set up)
- Site visits to collect data for Cllr inquiries/scheme packs (ie. columns, lanterns)
- (Technical approvals as part of development control work) – more of a nice to have, not essential
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma – modules 1 and 2 minimum
- Access to a vehicle for business use
Click apply if this role sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free-market advice, call Matt on 02077669027. Alternatively, I can be reached at
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts across the country, although most of my opportunities aren’t advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind suitable for the job. To be kept in the loop, please give me a call or email.
Oyster Partnership is completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission.