A charity chain which focuses on assisting vulnerable people and bringing communities together needs a manager to assist them with the re-opening their West/South West London stores! This is an initial 3 month temp role with the opportunity to go permanent based on performance.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone experienced in retail and management to come in and ‘make their mark’ on the role by running a store which is an integral community hub!
Duties will include:
- Opening and closing the store, cashing up, restocking, serving customers, and ensuring all health and safety measures are adhered to
- Recruiting and managing up to 20 volunteers who will assist with the running of the store
- Creating rotas for the volunteers and ensuring all shift patterns are covered including holidays, sick days and time off etc.
- Exceeding KPIs and sales targets
- Analysing customer profiles and buying trends to ensure maximum profit and to drive business
- Oversee, process and keep track of incoming and outgoing donations
- Make sure the shop is visually presentable in line with Area Management expectations
- Create community engagement plans within budget and arrange events/initiatives
- Completing risk assessments to ensure all health and safety is met, especially important due to COVID
- Leading from the front when it comes to top customer service and ensuring your team follow suit
- Building relationships with the community and recognising opportunities for funding, donations and partnerships
- Reporting maintenance issues within budget
- Organise and attend team meetings and training sessions
- Supporting the Area Manager at all times and with other ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed
The ideal person for this role should have the following skills and experience/attitude:
- Experience in retail and management
- A passion for engaging with the community and some experience of arranging community events or initiatives is highly desired
- Ideally volunteer management experience
- Charity sector experience would be beneficial
- Excellent customer service skills
- Championing the brand of the charity and being a key example to all staff and customer/partners
- Problem solver
- Team player
If the above suits your skills and interests and you would like to be considered, please apply now and we will be short-listing in the next week or so!