My client based in Central England are seeking a Senior Transport Planner to join their team on an initial 6-month rolling contract.
You will be responsible for the provision of expert advice on strategic transport issues; focusing on the development of transport strategy including delivering their new Local Transport Plan. This work will also form a foundation in shaping a number of high-profile projects.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Taking a lead role in contributing to the development, review and ongoing assessment of the Local Transport Plan and in particular to be responsible for the annual review of key sections within the Plan.
- Provide transport input into other council strategies being developed by other departments
- Provide input to and represent with key stakeholder organisations and other external partnership bodies as required.
- Provide technical transport planning advice to internal and external clients as required.
- Advise and guide Transport Planners, by providing technical expertise and experience in solving more complicated problems.
- Respond to and deal with transport planning queries raised by members of the public, Councillors and other stakeholders.
- Advance the provision of public and active transport within the city through the development of effective working relationships with operators, other local authorities and key stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and submit responses to transport consultations of external parties on behalf of the council.
- Performing any other duties consistent with the nature and grade of the role as agreed with the line manager.
Previous experience required:
- MCIHT / MRTPI is desirable but not essential
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field or demonstrate equivalent professional experience
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to write clear, basic and appropriate information for reports, articles and briefing papers including technical and Cabinet reports where necessary;
- General knowledge of Planning, development and Transport Policies and associated legislation(s)
- Experience of working in with politically sensitive or potentially controversial issues;
Please click apply if this roles sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free market advice, call Will on 020 7766 9075. Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts Nationwide. Most of my opportunities are not advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind who would be suitable for the job. To not miss out, please get in touch for an introductory chat.
Oyster are completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission.