Our client based in the home counties seek a Highways Development Control Engineer to join their team on an initial 3 month rolling contract.
You will be primarily responsible for assisting the Development team in ensuring the delivery of highways infrastructure projects and associated highway legal agreements (i.e. S38 & S278 etc.)
Your duties will include:
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980.
- Ensure development impacts of the highway are mitigated, and developments will be integrated to sustainable transport network, especially infrastructure for walking and cycling
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and / or highway improvements (or contributions towards them) and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority. In addition, identify, quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums.
- To organise and be accountable for the effective monitoring of Highway Legal agreements
Previous experience required:
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic / highway engineering / transport and development planning
- Proven experience in processing Highways Development Control functions such as S184 / S38 / S278 / Stopping Up Orders / Highway Planning Applications etc
- General knowledge of Planning, development and Transport Policies and associated Legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
Please click apply if this roles sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free market advice, please email Jamie Vear-Altog (email@example.com) with your CV and a suitable time you’d be able to share a conversation.
We are currently recruiting for a number of posts Nationwide. Most of our opportunities are not advertised, especially if we have candidates in mind who would be suitable for the job. To not miss out, please get in touch for an introductory chat.
Oyster are completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission