My client in the West Yorkshire area are currently looking for a S278/38 Engineer. This post is for an initial 6 months contract although history would dictate there is great likelihood for this to extend.
Some of the specific duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- To undertake the client function, instruct, lead, co-ordinate and negotiate with developers in relation to the legal agreements required for Section 38 and 278 Agreements.
- The post holder will be expected to manage and negotiate with developers in securing external funding or highway improvements to the existing highway infrastructure, especially in relation to damage to the existing assets. Encouraging a consistency of approach and compliance with current standards.
- Prepare reports and provide specialist advice to senior managers, members, committees, and boards.Previous experience:
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
- Previous experience of operating as a S278/38 Engineer or a similar position.What’s next?
Click apply if this role sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free-market advice, please call Julian or any of the Highways and Transport team on 02077669075.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts across the country, although most of my opportunities aren’t advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind suitable for the job. To be kept in the loop, please give me a call or email.
Oyster Partnership is completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission
- You should have experience working with design standards, highway planning legislations a similar role.