6-12+ month contract
If you’re a Project Manager with proven experience of delivering multi-million pound highways and transport infrastructure schemes, you may want to read on…
My client has been very successful in securing significant funding via the Housing Infrastructure Fund, Growth Deal and other funding streams. We are now looking at bolstering their delivery team by searching for Project Managers who will join a well-resourced directorate, and assist in the delivery of a variety of high-profile, major infrastructure schemes on a rolling 6 month contract.
Accountable to [and supporting] the Programme Lead, you will hit the ground running in the delivery of high-profile, major highways and transport infrastructure projects from inception through to design and construction.
- act as the professional lead in;
- project, programme and budget management
- the commissioning and management of design consultants and design approvals
- procurement and stakeholder communication, following corporate governance to release funding;
- maintain excellent, effective working relationships with stakeholders, key strategic partners, senior council directors, politicians and operational teams
- be a role model for providing rigour in the project management of significant highway infrastructure schemes
- promote a strong customer service focus within the Service and where possible take account of customer requirements, including responding to customers in ways that are clear and jargon free
Previous experience required:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with an appropriate professional accreditation (e.g. chartered or incorporated)
- 5 – 10+ years demonstrable experience delivering highways and transport schemes, ideally within a Local Authority setting
- Client facing skills with political awareness and sensitivity, an understanding of corporate policies and strategies and knowledge of the legislative and regulative context
- Broad up-to-date knowledge of transport planning, implementation, highway engineering and planning policy General knowledge of Planning, development and Transport Policies and associated Legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion
With respect to the current working climate, my client are happy to discuss incredibly flexible working arrangements (1 day office presence) that will likely hold longevity post-lockdown measures.
You will be able to attain a rate up to £475 LTD per day, although this will be depending on experience. The position has been deemed inside IR35.
Please click apply if this roles sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free market advice, call Will.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts Nationwide. Most of my opportunities are not advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind who would be suitable for the job. To not miss out, please get in touch for an introductory chat.
Oyster are completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission.