I am working with an authority in the East of England who are looking for two Principal Planning Officers. They can offer significant home working. They would be looking for the candidates to start immediately. The role would be on an initial 3 month contract, with the view to extend further if all goes well.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a caseload of major applications.
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants.
- Co-ordinate and independently carry out site visits and prepare detailed reports.
- Negotiate finalise and discharge conditions.
- Change of use applications.
- Advise Planning Enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions.
- Mentor junior members of staff.
Candidate’s Required Experience:
- Several years’ of experience within Local Authorities.
- MRTPI would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of a large scale residential and commercial applications.
- Ability to drive and access to own car.
- Rate has been left negotiable
- IR35 status undetermined
- Immediate start
- A compressed working week and remote working is available.
If you feel your skills and experience would be suited to this role, please call 020 7766 9075 and ask for James