Currently partnering with a Local Authority in the North West who are seeking to onboard a Principal Accountant for an initial period of 3 months to help during this busy time.
As a Principal Accountant you roles will include:
- To plan the work of the team and allocate tasks to team members
whilst providing appropriate supervision and guidance where
- To monitor the performance of the team and take any corrective
action required to ensure that the relevant standards are met.
- To lead a team undertaking a full range of financial activities to
several Directorates and Departments including the preparation of
annual revenue and capital budgets, the provision of financial
monitoring and accompanying specialist advice and the completion
of the annual final accounts in accordance with statutory and
- To ensure the effective operation of the Council’s financial
management system including reviewing the performance of the
system and implementing upgrades and other system changes
You will need…
• To be CCAB qualified and have experience working in a financial environment
• Knowledge and understanding of large public sector organisations, specifically local government
• To have a willingness to improve processes and drive-forward change
• To pro-actively seek solutions to current or foreseeable issues
• Experience of leading and directing staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a complete remote working role, however things may change from March 2021 onwards.
Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org or 02077 669 049