I am currently recruiting a Lettings Officer to work in a Local Authority in Cambridge for 2 months to start.
Your duties will be:
- To ensure void rent loss is minimised through effective empty property management;
- Identify vulnerable customers during the lettings process to enable the delivery of personal and specialist support with a view to achieving tenancy sustainment;
- Assess the needs and risk assessments of vulnerable customers prior to a letting taking place to ensure that appropriate support arrangements are put in place by the commencement of the new tenancy.
- Undertake transfer inspections to ensure that tenants planning to move home are clear what condition to leave their property in and their obligations under their tenancy agreement at the end of their tenancy.
- Deliver the lettings service to prospective tenants, to ensure:-
- Key Performance Targets in lettings and empty property management are met;
- Customer satisfaction with the service is promoted
- To ensure all potential vacancies are pre-allocated, offers of accommodation are made in accordance with organisational policy and that customers are made aware and understand their rights and responsibilities as a resident
- To ensure the time taken to let a property after it becomes empty is kept to a minimum and the quality of the customer service delivered is of the highest possible standard
- To provide effective and timely housing advice to internal and external customers;
- To utilise existing or develop new local lettings arrangements in order to achieve sustainable neighbourhoods;
- To promote and exploit mobility schemes including House Exchange, maximising choice and opportunity for customers in their housing options;
With interviews later this week and a start date shortly after, pop your most recent CV over and I will be in contact if you are successful.
Hope to speak soon!