An amazing opportunity has arisen for an Income Officer to cover a 6 month contract based in South East London You will be responsible in providing an effective, responsive and people focused income collection service to maximise income and minimise debt of residents.
- To advise tenants on welfare benefits – to offer advice and encourage debt counselling and refer tenants to specialist advice.
- To complete claim forms on behalf of tenants and verify claims on behalf of the Local Authority.
- To keep up to date with best practice on arrears prevention, putting forward ideas and suggestions for service improvements.
- To attend liaison meetings with Local Authorities and other external agencies as required.
- To arrange for the production and distribution of regular rent statements to tenants and advise tenants on these accordingly.
- To participate in any Benefits take up campaigns or surgeries as required.
- To be responsible for the collection of rental income and other housing related debts.