Website temporary, full-time
We are currently working with a client in the Staffordshire region who are looking for a Team Leader to join their team for 3-6 months to help aid the running of their new service, alongside their pre-existing services in support, young care leaver and mental health.
Main roles and responsibilities:
You will be working alongside your more senior peers to provide support to some of the following teams within your remit:
- Duty Team – providing support to customers in order to help them overcome underlying issues prohibiting them from acquiring and maintaining their own home.
- Gateway Team – overseeing the referrals and allocations for the service.
- Safe & Well Team – providing high quality out-of-hours support. Ensuring that accommodation is being maintained to the highest standard, and tenants are being kept safe. Out-of-hours anti-social behaviour response, and 24/7 on-site support for tenants.
- Support Team – a team of Service Co-ordinators providing tailored support to customers. The service will ensure a high level of customer engagement and support, and work with partner agencies to monitor progress and recovery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading a team that supports adults with complex needs e.g. substance misuse, homelessness and mental health.
- Understanding of people impacted by homelessness and the ability to educate, inspire and engage others around making homelessness history
- A strong knowledge base of developments and good practice in the field of homelessness and housing, keeping abreast of current issues, legislation and best practice regarding welfare reform, homelessness and housing
- Time management and communication skills. You’ll need to be able to prioritise high risk cases, health and safety priorities in addition to conflicting service demands
- Is flexible and adaptable. The nature of leading teams who support people with complex needs is that each day can have its own challenges, so you’ll need to be able to adapt and creatively overcome barriers
- Can work flexibly around the needs of the service outside of normal office hours as requires, attending evening meetings and supporting the manager on-call during out-of-hours
- Experience working with private, confidential and complex information following data protection laws
- A sound understanding of all Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access. Also, experience of using and auditing case management systems
- Holds a Full UK Driving Licence and use of own vehicle for work purposes.
To find out more please do not hesitate to email Jesil on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 02077669045. If this role is of interest, please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV and I will call you should you be successful in the shortlisting process.