Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £22.00 – £24.00ph Umbrella
Our client is a Somerset based Local Authority, easily accessible from surrounding areas, who are looking for a Housing Options Officer to join the team. It is initially a 3-month temporary contract but there is a possibility of an extension.
A dedicated, hard-working individual who can demonstrate sufficient knowledge of case law and legislation is required for this role. It will be an office based role but does require some home visits, therefore the right candidate will need to be able to drive and will need to possess a current DBS.
About the role
- Make section 184 decisions under Housing Act 1996 Part VI & VII
- Manage a large caseload of current cases from start through to completion
- Create Personal Housing Plans to prevent homelessness
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of Housing law and legislation including, but not exclusively, the Housing Act 1996 & Homelessness Act 2002, Homeless Reduction Act 2017
- 37 hour week with flexible working hours
If you have previous experience within Housing Options and feel you possess the skills for this role then please get in touch on 0207 766 9055 or send your CV