Housing Options Officer
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: £24.00ph Umbrella / £18.99ph PAYE
My Essex based client is dedicated to tackling the homelessness crisis and is leading from the front in a service centred around the HRA legislation and prevention. It is a 6-week contract covering the position until the fill the role on a permanent basis and sits ‘Inside IR35’.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver a customer-driven service making capable and quick decisions. Working in a high pressured environment requires that you are able to deal with requirements of the role. It is a 360 role and it is therefore important that you have an overall understanding of each part of the homeless process and can effectively incorporate this into a productive service.
About the role
- Operate an effective frontline triage service
- Make section 184 decisions under Housing Act 1996 Part VI & VII
- Manage a large caseload of current cases from start through to completion
- Assessing applications based on the evidence attained during interviews with clients
- Working with a all client groups
- Interview and carry out home visits to clients when necessary
- Offer prevention advice in the form of income maximisation through effective sign-posting
- 37 hour week with flexible working hours
- 5-days duty
My client is looking to conduct interviews ASAP via the phone for an immediate start.
If you have previous experience as a Housing Options / Homelessness Officer and are looking for your next move, don’t hesitate to get in touch.