My Client is looking for a Highways delivery manager to join their team during a busy period of development. The projects range from major roadwork improvement to complex drainage schemes. You will manage the delivery of schemes, working from conception to design to implementation and future maintenance. In addition you will work as part of small management team that delivers core services and work alongside the design team, engineers and subcontractors.
Your Core Functions:
- Manage the delivery of schemes originating from the design team and the client.
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Provide cost estimates for schemes and core activities.
- Liaise with the design and planning teams, providing early contractor involvement and attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Take ownership of Health and Safety legislation including CDM and directly contribute to the safe working within the division’s operational activities.
- Manage on site staffing requirements and provide clear supervisory direction to the DLO workforce and sub-contractors.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines and budgets.
- Oversee quality control and environmental conformance on site ensuring the delivery meets the Client expectations.
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the work place, setting a good example to employees and ensure on site compliance.
- Writing and supporting others in the production of method statements and risk assessments.
- Support with providing monthly finance and budget reports.
Key Experience needed:
- A proven track record of delivering high quality project management and site engineer services from inception to completion.
- Industry qualification or the equivalent in experience.
- Relevant industry health and safety management qualifications.
- Ability to build and maintain effect working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing); Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and Project is essential.
- Proficient in the use of applicable engineering equipment and computer software.
- Relevant experience of working within the highways industry including knowledge of network operations and scheme delivery.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in hearing more about, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the Highways and Transport team on 0207 766 9000.