My client in the North West area are currently looking for a Highways Clerk of Works to join their team on an interim basis. This is likely to be a 6 month contract with potential view for extension.
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking site supervision of contracts, and third party works as part of the Highway Adoption process. Ensure that all aspects of the specification are met and that Health & Safety legislation is adhered to.
- To record, maintain and update accurate records of construction work activities, progress against programme and known constraints in support of project delivery and review.
- Assist in the receipt, tracking and preparation of all correspondence, documentation and technical specifications required to deliver the construction of infrastructure.
- Ensure that all construction works are completed in accordance with the required quality standards as set out in British Standards, the Contract information and site instructions, including the correct use and installation of specialist materials.
- To issue changes to works information and assist in certifying of payments in conjunction with the Projects Manager/Engineer, using the appropriate contract mechanisms.
- To carry out and/or oversee basic setting out in conjunction with contractor(s) to ensure schemes are delivered on site in line with agreed plans and specifications.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders including statutory undertakers, the public and businesses.
- To support the management of the delivery of the functions associated with legislation and acts the Highways Act, Flood and Water Management Act and Traffic Management Act including stopping up of highways, land searches, public rights of way, and street naming and numbering
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please click apply or email your CV to William.Burden@oysterpartnership.com.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts across the country, although most of my opportunities aren’t advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind suitable for the job. To be kept in the loop, please give me a call or email.
Oyster Partnership is completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission