My client in the South West area are currently looking for a Highway Development Management Inspector to join their team on an interim basis. This is likely to be a 3-6 month contract with potential view for extension.
Your duties will include:
- To monitor and supervise and Developer related activities on and off the highway network for compliance with current legislation and GCC’s Technical Specification.
- To review, comment on and inspect works carried out by Developers under Sections 184, 278 and 38 of the Highways Act 1980.
- To determine remedial measures required and/or serve defect notices as required.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and reports are uploaded onto Highway Development Management database in a timely manner.
- To liaise and direct works being undertaken by a third party Developer on publicly maintainable or prospectively maintainable highway
- Attend on-site meetings with developers, internal and external stakeholders with regards to issues associated with current and future works.
- Comply with all Safety; health; Environmental & Quality policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and regulations that will impact upon the delivery of the service
- To liaise on matters associated with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 as required
- To work closely with other HDM Officers to provide advice and recommendations on highway related problems that affect development.
- To operate computer programmes such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Carry out duties with due regard to Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedure
- Undertaking site supervision of contracts, and third party works as part of the Highway Adoption process. Ensure that all aspects of the specification are met and that Health & Safety
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please click apply or email your CV to WB@oysterpartnership.com.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts across the country, although most of my opportunities aren’t advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind suitable for the job. To be kept in the loop, please give me a call or email.
Oyster Partnership is completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission