Are you a Health & Safety Officer looking for a new challenge? Would you like to work in one of London’s leading Independent Schools? Would you like to utilise your skills to make a real impact and champion a compliant, safe environment? Then this role is for you!
About The Role
You will be primarily be responsible for overseeing and coordinating Health & Safety across the School’s multiple sites, promoting a culture of continual improvement. Working closely with the Head of Estates, you will have a pivotal position ensuring that best practice and policy is adhered to, ensuring individuals and the School are complaint at all times. You will:
- Ensure each member of staff has access to and understands the School’s health & safety policies and procedures.
- Advise on, and ensure compliance with, all health & safety matters, including fire regulations, the management and safe disposal of hazardous substances, safeguarding machinery, noise mitigation, RIDDOR, etc.
- Ensure that appropriate and comprehensive risk assessments are prepared.
- Ensure that there is a robust compliance control system in place. Carry out regular audits to check that policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all health & safety legislation and keep up to date.
- Regularly review the Schools’ fire safety policies, and invacuation and evacuation policies. Ensure staff are trained appropriately. Manage fire drills. Recommend improvements as required.
- Act and take responsibility as the Fire Officer for the School
You will be a Graduate member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), or holder of (NEBOSH) National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety. Previous experience of working in an education environment is desirable, although you will still be considered if you can demonstrate experience working in similar environment. You have excellent written and spoken communication skills and be able to demonstrate previous experience working with a number of different stakeholders.
Working within a beautiful independent School based in North West London, with an excellent reputation, this is an ideal opportunity to further your career in Health & Safety and work with a supportive progressive organisation.