First and foremost this role is a personality fit, you will have strong stakeholder liaison skills and be a personable member of the team, contributing towards the progression of the work environment through Health, Safety and Wellbeing standards. Ideally you will have a national diploma in H&S or be working towards one, or at the least have some strong NEBOSH qualifications. Overall, a forward-thinking well-rounded health and safety manager, with experiencing overseeing teams of contractors and managing a large estate will fit the profile.
About the Role
Based in Hertfordshire, this is a permanent position, paying between £45-50,000 per annum. You will be joining a small team of two, at middle management level, with an opportunity for more responsibility and autonomy on the horizon. Your basic duties will be:
- Conduct site inspections to confirm procedures are being implemented correctly and provide appropriate and relevant advice to close any identified gaps where required
- Confirm working practices are in line with legal requirements, regulatory guidelines and industry standards
- Report writing with reference to recommendations and inspection record keeping
- Management of near miss, accident and incident reports, including investigation into root cause.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes and industry standards
- Collaborate with and represent H&W when working with internal colleagues and teams as well as external /interested parties
- Promote company values in all interactions whether internal or external
About the client
This is an incredible opportunity to join an innovative world-leader, contributing to the consistent progression and change of the construction environment.
Offering a progressive working culture, the potential of flexible working and a real opportunity to grow within the role alongside the company, this is not to be missed.
If this is of interest to you please send your CV over to my email below, or alternatively call me for a brief chat.