Looking for an Environmental Protection Officer, to join a the team at a Local Authority in Cambridgeshire for an initial 3 month contract period.
About the Role:
The council are looking to backfill a vacant position for an initial 3 months before looking to recruit permanently, with the potential of extension depending on whether they are successful in finding someone suitable. Ideally, they are looking for an Environmental Health Officer, however, an experienced Technical Officer will also be considered. Your main responsibilities would be to assist the team in:
- Processing and investigating statutory nuisance complaints.
- Carrying out noise/acoustic surveys and commenting on an appropriate course of action.
- Commenting on planning applications, assessing the impact on the local community.
- EHRB registered
- Degree in Environmental Health
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
If successful, you will be offered an initial 3-month contract until the permanent vacancy is filled so this may be extended. They have said that rates up dependant on the successful candidate’s experience, however, I would expect it to fall between £30-£35 per hour Umbrella.
If you would like to apply please feel free to send me your CV below.