My client, based in Wales, is currently looking for a Development Control Engineer to join their team on a short term basis. You will be primarily responsible for assisting the Traffic and Development Manager in ensuring the delivery of highways infrastructure projects and associated highway-legal agreements (i.e. S38 & S278 etc.)
Your duties will include:
- Processing of highway applications associated with highway development control process including dealing with S38, S278 applications under the Highways Act 1980
- Ensure development impacts of the highway are mitigated, and developments will be integrated into a sustainable transport network, especially infrastructure for walking and cycling
- Identify, negotiate and secure by legal agreement transport and/or highway improvements (or contributions towards them) and assessment of commuted sums for the adoption of new infrastructure assets adopted by the authority. In addition, identify quantify and justify the payment of commuted sums.
- To organise and be accountable for the effective monitoring of Highway Legal agreements
Previous experience required:
- ONC/HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering / Transportation
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable experience in traffic/highway engineering/transport and development planning
- Proven experience in processing Highways Development Control functions such as S184 / S38 / S278 / Stopping Up Orders / Highway Planning Applications etc
- General knowledge of Planning, development and Transport Policies and associated Legislation
- Demonstrate the ability to programme, supervise and monitor a number of projects/applications simultaneously from inception to completion
Click apply if this role sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free-market advice, call Will or any of the Highways and Transport team on 02077669075.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts across the country. Some of my opportunities aren’t advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind suitable for the job. To be kept in the loop, please give me a call or email.
Oyster Partnership is completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission