If you carry proven experience in the inspection and quality control of S278/38 civil engineering works associated with highways and transport infrastructure schemes, you have the chance to make a difference…
With an increase in development and construction works, the Construction Manager is currently seeking some support. Playing the part of a big-cog in a small wheel, you will be working closely with the Construction Manager to ensure the S278/38 developments are being kept to the latest engineering principles, standards, specifications and design details.
- Assist in the receipt, tracking and preparation of all correspondence, documentation and technical specifications required to deliver the construction of infrastructure.
- Ensure that all construction works are completed in accordance with the required quality standards as set out in British Standards, the Contract information and site instructions, including the correct use and installation of specialist materials.
- To issue changes to works information and assist in certifying of payments in conjunction with the Projects Manager/Engineer, using the appropriate contract mechanisms.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders including statutory undertakers, the public and businesses
Previous experience required:
- A recognised qualification within engineering, construction, buildings and transport
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervision or direction of contractors on highway, structural or civil engineering works, with previous S278/37 experience
- Working knowledge of applying the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Chapter 8 (Traffic Signs Manual), Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 and New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA)
The contract is for an initial 6 months although has great likelihood to extend into the Winter.
The IR35 status is currently undetermined and so whether you operate via your own PSC or via an Umbrella company, I would express interest.
Please click apply if this roles sounds of interest to you.
If you would like to have a discreet chat about this role in more detail or would like some free market advice, call Jamie.
I am currently recruiting for a number of posts nationwide. Most of my opportunities are not advertised, especially if I have candidates in mind who would be suitable for the job. To not miss out, please get in touch for an introductory chat.
Oyster are completely compliant with GDPR and your data will not be shared with any other party without your explicit permission.