Urgent Requirement - Capital Year End
London based Local Authority | Temporary – 6 Months | Competitive
A local authority based in the heart of the city are looking to take on a Capital Accountant to assist in the production of their Capital Accountants for 20/21. They have a one of the largest fixed asset register where their capital assets are circa. £2.8billion.
The council requires someone for a 6 month period. You must have previous experience working within local government capital function including the production of annual accounts.
- Lead on the closure of the Council’s non-current assets element of the final accounts and implement continuous improvement to ensure the Council can achieve its accelerated closing timetable
- Support the Assistant City Treasurer and City Treasurer in the preparation of Council’s c£2bn capital programme.
- Lead the Budget implementation process through the preparation of the Monthly Management Report for Capital and related Revenue Implications
- Ensure the Capital Asset Register is updated regularly, liaising with valuers as appropriate and ensuring that valuers follow the Council’s accelerated closing timelines
- Managing the stakeholders expectation between the Valuers, auditors, the investment properties managing agent and corporate property.
The role is offering a competitive rate based on experience, if you are interested or know someone who would be suitable for the role please contact me on 07464 349 923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.