I am seeking a Chief Accountant who can help bring finance support and leadership to the finance teams of a shared service (Local Authorities).
As a Chief Accountant you will provide finance support and direction to the wider finance team and be responsible for ensuring that the team is providing an effective service to the Council clients. On a day-to-day basis you will be involved in assisting Budget Holders and Group Managers in a business partnering and technical capacity. You will be heavily involved in budget preparation and overseeing the production of the Council’s Statement of Accounts.
In addition you will be expected to provide finance knowledge and expertise to projects and working parties, as and when required. This role will also require you to provide support directly to the Council’s Chief Finance Officer.
You will need…
• To be CCAB qualified and have experience working in a financial environment
• Knowledge and understanding of large public or private sector organisations
• To have a willingness to improve processes and drive-forward change
• To pro-actively seek solutions to current or foreseeable issues
• Experience of leading and directing staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to travel and work across any of partner Council sites.
This is a complete remote working role. Previous local government experience essential.
Please contact me email@example.com