I am currently working with one of my Local Authority clients in Surrey who are looking for a Planning Validations Manager to join their team on an initial 3-6 month contract.
Below is a brief outline of the skills/requirements that the ideal candidate should possess.
– You will have proven organisational, communication and IT skills, including prioritising and allocating work to meet conflicting deadlines.
– You will have experience of providing a professional and timely service for customers.
– You will be experienced in delivering service in a client support and/or customer services environment.
– You will have the ability of dealing with numbers and data to produce and interpret management information.
The roles requires you to:
– Provide day-to-day support for the professional Planning Officers, while taking personal responsibility for validating and all admin tasks associated with processing planning applications (e.g. pre-applications, appeals, and issuing of decision notices).
– Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of planning issues and procedures.
– Prepare and dispatch application documents for scanning and carry out quality control assessments.
– Produce standard and non-standard statistical reports from the Planning computer system as requested.
– Contribute to the processing of minor proposal applications by carrying out area or volume calculations, site visits, checking planning history and assessing compliance.
If you think you’d be interested, or want to discuss in more detail, call 0207 766 9075 and ask for James!