The role of a Adult Social Care Solicitor
An Adult Social Care solicitor usually works with a social care team and is responsible for the safeguarding of adults while also assisting the organisation with policy matters and legal advice.
Safeguarding exists to make sure adults in our society are properly looked after.
Just like children, adults are also at risk of negligence and abuse, and when this happens Local Authorities will step in to ensure the adult is protected and safe.
The role of an Adult Social Care Solicitor includes:
- Acting in the best interest of an adult who might not be able to make decisions themselves
- Removing adults from their home
- Denying access to the adult from carers and family members
- Dealing sensitively with each case
- Managing matters in the County Court, High Court, Administrative Court and Court of Protection
- Contributing to corporate decision making, development of corporate policy and strategy.
- Providing specialist legal advice and assistance
Qualifications & Experience
As a solicitor, you’ll have fantastic career progression opportunities. When it comes to the law sector there are many different routes you can take. You can choose to work for a small law firm, the government, local authorities, charity, or large private law firms.
Although there are ample opportunities to train and specialise, all roles require a law degree or an recognised equivalent.
As an Adult Social Care Solicitor you often will also be required to have good knowledge of The Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, and knowledge of The Mental Health Acts.
Contractors: £30 – £50 per hour
Good communication and I felt well looked after. The agent who found me was excellent in her roll and advised me I could call her anytime if I had any concerns. She was very approachable.
Our Adult Social Care Solicitor jobs
We work with various organisations across the UK providing the Public, Private and Third sectors with Adult Social Care Solicitors and other industry professionals.